- Thank God with us for the progress made in our planning and preparations to this year’s seminar in Abidjan.
- Thank God for participants and speakers who have so far confirmed their participation in this year’s seminar.
ICI: We continue to request your prayer support towards this year’s Christian Witness in the Public Arena Seminar & Public Lecture to be held in Abidjan. Plans and preparations to make this successful and memorable are far underway. Please pray:
- God’s financial provision for everyone invited to the seminar, and for ICI to be able to provide subsidy for participants;
- that nothing will hinder or distort the schedule of any speaker, and participant expected to be there;
- that we will receive a good reception in the host nation;
- that the event will catalyse a Christian response to local issues and those on the continent.
The Church in Africa: The gap between Faith and Life remains as Christianity gains strong grounds on the African continent. Pray that the Church will awaken to our call to be the salt and light of our dark continent.
DR Congo is currently dealing with Ebola crisis. Pray for God’s healing, and intervention in the timely arrival of medical aide, protection for the unaffected populace, health workers and the WHO staff helping to deal with the crisis.
Mali, Niger and Burkina Faso are currently having some security crises as attacks from terrorist groups, militias and armed gangs on innocent citizens continue to spread across the regions according to a report from Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA).
- Pray for God’s wisdom, strength, and provision for the government, military and other stakeholders to deal with the insurgence of terrorism, ethnic and religious wars in these regions.
- Also ask God to protect the innocent, vulnerable, the military, and UN peacekeepers in the regions from any planned attacks on their lives.
- Pray that humanitarian groups, benevolent individuals and church groups will go to the aide of the displaced and injured.
Zimbabwe’s economy continues to experience a downturn as prices of food increase, local businesses shutdown, amidst rising poverty. Pray that God will give their leaders wisdom and grant them the grace to be able to help redeem the economy from a complete shutdown.
The Transitional Military Council that took over power in Sudan on 11th April, 2019 suspended negotiations with protestors last week while working at forming a government that will hold power for three (3) years to restore Sudan into a peaceful, and economically viable country. Pray that that God’s counsel and compassion for the country will override every evil intention, selfishness and greed from any party in the negotiation process towards an amicable conclusion.
It’s been a little over a year since Leah Sharibu was abducted by the Islamist group, Boko Haram. Pray for God to intervene to get her released, and comfort for her parents.